This is sort of a wishlist post that I meant to post on the weekend. I get so excited when I go on the Sephora website or walk into any store that has those awesome high end makeup sets. I become like a child in a candy store; it can get overwhelming and difficult to pick what to splurge on.
I can’t decide for you, but I can share some of the items I’ve tried or am currently coveting. In other words, I may spark your sweet tooth.
5 Great High End Makeup Sets
Oh, it’s no secret that I have a tempestuous love affair with NARS makeup in general. Back in February, I was drooling over their And God Created The Woman palette, which is still available here. This time they’ve created a palette with 4 neutral eye shadows, a bronzer and blush – making it optimal for travel.
This set includes:
- 4 x eye shadows in;
– All About Eve – a flesh toned neutral with shimmer
– Nouveau Monde – a metallic silver lilac
– Bellissima – a matte gray brown (also in the AGCTW palette)
– Cordura – a shimmering sooty dark brown
- Blush in Deep throat – flirty sheer peach (hallelujah, it isn’t Orgasm!)
- Bronzer in Laguna – diffused brown with golden shimmer
Urban Decay is another brand that has a soft spot with me. I love that their makeup is parabens, sulfates and phthalates free. I would sort of consider it more of a mid range brand because the prices are above MAC’s but less than a lot of other high end brands. I love that their products are young and fresh.
The Start Getting Naked Ultra Definition Complexion Kit is great for anyone in the market for a new foundation. It’s a customizable, three-piece set that includes essentials to prep, prime, and perfect the skin. I have personally tried the Naked Skin foundation back when it came out. The color range is exceptional, except I believe this set only comes in 4 shades from 3.0 to 4.5.
This set contains:
- 0.5 oz B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray
- 0.5 oz Naked Skin Beauty Balm
- 1 oz Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup
This is a totally matte set of eye shadows, which is awesome! So many brands carry a great variety of shimmers and glitters, but matte eye shadows are a fail proof finish for everyday, work, school and even evening makeup looks.
You have everything you need from eye primer, eye shadows, primer and brushes. It’s a paraben and cruelty free set to boot!
This set contains:
- -Better Than Sex Mascara
- Perfect Eyes Eyeliner
- Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer
- Matte Eyeshadow Pallette
- Three-Piece Brush Set
I feel like I’m cheating when I recommend these because essentially, it’s just two of the same thing. However, ever since I got my beauty blender on my trip to New York, I haven’t looked back. It’s my new favorite way to apply foundation because it doesn’t make your foundation look streaky or cakey.
I also wish I had gotten mine in black, but I didn’t find it at then time. Think about it, less foundation stains.
Who doesn’t love a neutral nude or a neutral pink? When you find the right shade of neutral, you’re set for life! Ok, not really, but that’s what it feels like.
This kit features glosses, lipsticks, glazes and balms from Sephora’s favorite brands. It makes a great gift, whether to your self or a girlfriend.
This set contains:
- 0.10 oz Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bare Pink
- 0.07 oz Buxom® Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly
- 0.14 oz NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight
- 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment
- 0.05 oz Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb
- 0.10 oz Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Glitzy
If you liked this post, be sure to check out my previous post for the Guy Bourdin NARS Collection.
What beauty gift set are you currently coveting?
Please share and like if you enjoyed this postTweet