I mentioned the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer glosses in a collective haul recently, but I’ve had them for a couple of months.
I know there are lots of rave reviews about these out there, but I’m not entirely sold.
Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer Review and Swatches
I wanted to love these as much as I love my Magie Pourpre from Lancôme. Granted, the L’Absolu Rouge Mat Lip Gloss has a matte finish. The Apocalips don’t claim to be matte.
I also thought this product would be similar in opacity to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, and it is! The truth is that the opacity is great, the finish is glossy, but the lasting power is lousy.
I usually never expect lip gloss products to last long (the NYX doesn’t last very well, either) but my Lancôme does! I suppose it’s the matte finish, maybe?
The Apocalips swatch great on the lips, but wear nicely until 2-3 hours later. I haven’t even factored in eating and drinking, yet. This is a gorgeous high maintenance product that requires a compact mirror for reapplication.
What I like
- highly pigmented, vivid glossy color
- interesting packaging
- affordable and now widely available in Canada
What I dislike
- applicator also has an indentation where the product gathers, precise application is tricky
- has a scent similar to the second Rimmel by Kate Moss lipstick collection (I’m in different, but this is a con to some)
- poor staying power, touch ups are a must with this one
- it transfers easily and may feather at the edges of the lips
I will still use them, I reach for Celestial more often because it’s more wearable. Perhaps I can mix them with a lip liner or other lip products, we’ll see.
I love the concept, but not the product. I will not be purchasing more shades of the Apocalips Lip Lacquers.
How you tried the Rimmel Apocalips? What are your thoughts?
Please share and like if you enjoyed this postTweet