The beauty community is not lying when they say that Avon is consistently upping their game in makeup. If you are a fan of themed collections, Mark has these lovely new products launching officially in March 2014.
I’m specifically referring to Mark Spring 2014 Makeup which includes the blooming pretty highlighting face powder, color swing mix it up eye compact and nail this look nail color and ring set.
The packaging for this little collection is gorgeous and brightly colored in blue boxes with a floral motif and accent colors such as yellow, aqua and pink.
I would consider mark. cosmetics to be a mid-range brand, it’s in the higher-end of Avon products. They pay special attention to packaging and the overall design of their products as you will see in the pictures below.
This cheek product is a bit pricey compared to the last embossed cheek palette (see here) which had more product.
- Beautiful embossed pattern and gorgeous on all skin tones
- Delivers a touch of color plus the sheerest, softest glow
- Use the golden shade as a highlighter, the two pinks to brighten up your cheeks—or swirl all three shades together for an all-over glow
- Size: 10.72 g
- Price $18 CND
mark. color swing mix it up eye compact
I like the flower motif on the shadows, but it is a gimmicky compact. Rather than including a double ended brush, I would have preferred to have seen all six shades of eye shadow in the same place. The compact would be less bulky and the shadows less likely to crumble – but of course, you can just be careful with the swinging of the shadows.
All six shades are fairly pigmented and shimmery with a metallic finish.
- 3 bright shades on one side, 3 neutral shades on the other
- Silky, velvety texture glides on smoothly
- Crease-resistant smudge-proof shades last all day
- Dual-ended brush applicator included
- Size: 1.3 g each shade
- Price: $26.00 CND
- Two coordinating high-gloss matte shades:
- sunsation, a radiant yellow cream
- seafoam, a wash of springy green cream
- Color lasts up to 10 days
- Ring stretches to fit a range of sizes
- Nail enamel 2.7 ml each for $24 CND
Personally, I’m not keen on elasticized rings. I would rather have the polishes without the ring, particularly due to the price of this set.
Mark trend nail polishes typically last up to 5-7 days on me. In the picture above, I used two coats of each nail polish for opaque coverage.
What do you think of the colors from these Mark Spring 2014 makeup items?
Please share and like if you enjoyed this postTweet